Gabriel Sharp is 38 year old entrepreneur and eBay reseller. Gabe is an eBay Top Rated Seller and Powerseller with a desire to help others succeed on the platform.
- Gabe used to work as a bartender in a restaurant for 20 years. He started working when he was 16 years old.
- He loves to sell, so he started out with drop shipping. He moved his way up from there.
- 7 years ago, Gabe has been successful in running a store with a partner. He reached a point where he considered it full time. One day, he woke up with a feeling that he would not want to work at his job anymore. He called his employer and informed that he is not going back to work anymore.
- Gabe took a chance and it worked out. Now he sells on eBay, Amazon FBA, and Etsy.
- He is buying and selling for over a decade. He also does online marketing, social media management, and drop shipping.
- Drop shipping is working as a middleman. You copy and paste pictures and descriptions from your actual wholesaler. You sell it for your price so you can make a profit. You order from the company and when the order is placed, the company ships it directly to your customer.
- Drop shippers use MAP (Minimum Advertised Price).
- High-converting niche products work well for him.
- Drop shipping is a good way to get an entry level position in starting a business. You just have to find a really good drop shipper.
- Right now, Gabe is into basic buying and selling of T-shirts. People always focus on things that they could put a high dollar price. But you can get 20 T-shirts that can give you $15 a piece on.
- He sells crazy western shirts. He just sold 3 Wrangler shirts 30 minutes before the interview.
- He also sells vintage and concerts T-shirts. The concert shirts from 1990's are already vintage. It can give you $40 to $50.
- He also buys and sells jeans. There are a lot of people trying to get the hand on jeans on eBay. But, not every single pair of 7 for all mankind jeans is going to sell for you on eBay. You've got to know what styles you are looking for. If you know the specific styles that you are looking for, it would sell at 2 to 3 days.
- Gabe used to buy high dollar jeans for his self. He is a fashionable guy. He spent years of studying and learning authentic jeans. He would watch the trends and sold listings. He would jot down everything that he sold. He would see what selling the most in all those lines.
- Now, when he hits the Thrift stores, he knows what he is looking for. And if he knows it won't sell within 30 days, he left it on the racks.
- Gabe pointed out that bigger sizes do sell better and give quicker conversions.
- He has an inventory system going wherein he knows where to find the items when he made a sale.
- He does not have a huge storage room for the inventory that he has. He uses instead a storage unit and put it together.
- He uses the basic skills in numbering his jeans and shirts. He keeps them labeled to know where they are at. It makes things a lot quicker for him when he is shipping the orders
- He ships using USPS Priority Mail. Priority mail is interesting because anything that can fit in the box cost only a flat rate.
- Gabe has other accounts that he works with partners. Listing and sourcing can be time-consuming. But, he has specific sales set up in the Salvation Army. He knows exactly where he goes on the store. He can sift through the entire store in less than an hour.
- He sells a lot of merchandise using eBay's Basic Listing.
- He does everything on the phone. He lists 50 items a week. His goal it to sell at least 30- 40 items. If after 30days the items are not sold, he puts the items on auction and blows it out.
- He is doing solo on eBay and FBA for 4 years already.
- His awesome wife stood behind him the entire time. She works as a content writer. She writes an article for his website.
- He wants to get back to designing T-Shirts. He is looking to expand on the private label products for Amazon FBA. He is looking for a survival niche.
Advice, Tips, and Tricks
- 1. Learn what you are going to sell.
- 2. Never underestimate how difficult this business is.
- To handle a negative feedback, Gabe message the buyer and ask if there is something he can do to correct the situation. There were times that he gave a full refund without ever getting the return. Gabe tells a buyer that he can keep the item. Gabe will still give the refund and request the buyer to alter the feedback. Then he will send the buyer the revision
- Sometimes, we face a decision that is going to alter our life path. You have to lay it down in front of you. Am I going to take this risk? Is it worth to follow my dreams? Should I pursue this, or stay on the safe route? And when that moment comes, you have to make a decision whether you have the support or not.
- “It's amazing how money can be a motivator to learn.” – Ron LaBeau
- “You got to know what stuff you are looking for.”
- “If you are going to dream, you have to follow it if that is what you want to do.”
- “You are your own person. You can't allow other people to alter your life path, no matter who they are.”
- “Failures are a part of this (eBay) business.”
- “Feedback on eBay is golden. Your 100% feedback is the best thing you can do for yourself.” – Ron LaBeau
- “If you are making money, the fees would not hurt you.”
- “The easy way around is to sell some products in your house.”
- “Online sales is the new frontier business.”