Jim Cockrum has been selling on eBay since 1997. He now sells on Amazon as well and he is currently ranked among the most trusted Internet Marketers in the world. He has a large network of his former students turned partners and coaches who all run successful businesses online themselves. Since 2002 Jim has earned his income from the internet and continually works to hone his internet marketing skills. He has appeared in Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur Magazine, Men’s Health Magazine and eBay Radio and countless news and radio programs. Jim and his wife Andrea have 5 children, 3 from international adoptions.
- Jim's job before working on the internet was selling software for Microsoft.
- He wanted flexibility, time with his family so he decided to browse for new ideas and found eBay. He has been making double profit each year ever since.
- The average week Jim works about 20 hours.
- If you are the one that has to do all the work and it is not profitable, if you bring someone in then you do not have a profitable system, might be buying the wrong inventory or spending money somewhere else.
- Some of Jim's biggest mistakes were following good ideas instead of right ideas.
- Jim plays and loves basketball. He recounts a buyer from Singapore purchasing his used Nike Air Jordan shoes for $700. This was one of his first transactions. He then realized that you did not have to have a business degree to have an international business.
- Jim remembered doing an auction where he was going write a book with the winner and all the proceeds would go to that person. The winner would pick the topic and they figure it out together. It went for $35,000. This was about 6 years ago. The winner's name was Stewart from Europe.
- He partners with other creative leaders who have great ideas but no audience; he qualifies them then they figure out a way to build something together. What he does is lend his name and creditability which he considers as a great asset.
- He loves live events. The most powerful tool is face to face interaction, get to know them, make plans together and so on…
- “There is no job that can make an entrepreneur happy”
- “Hold yourself to it”
- “Build a better system”
- “I wait for the right idea”
- “Entrepreneurs, we are action takers”
- “Surround yourself with trusted advisors”
- “Doing nothing is doing something”
- “Your reputation is everything”
- “The crowd is smarter than you are”
- “You can't change the past”
- “Make good relationships with good people”
- “Treat people with respect”
- “Find great creative thinkers… doing good stuff and partner with them”
- “If you have character the reputation takes care of itself”
- “People with skills work for people with ideas”